Friday, October 1, 2010

Rising above....glad they were only $4.99 flowers, tramp....hitting the bricks

Yo-Yo ma....

It's been a busy week. School started up at UC again, meaning classes, professors cussing in class to appear cool to students, and hitting the bricks writing stories for the paper again.

Add to this wading through a plethora of activist-minded students who think they'll change the world and save aardvarks at the same time.

Take it from me, kiddos....your campus anti-war network isn't going to change shit. You're a gnat on the ass of the jolly green military-industrial giant.

Afghanistan will continue, as will war in general, all the while you shout it out loud and play hacky-sack on the commons and puff blunts....

You see reality real quick once you leave the insular world of college. It may be portrayed as a young adults first real-world experience, but its as real world as the MTV show. Students rail against the man in every way, then turn around and drink Coke and eat cheeseburgers in the student dining hall.

Segue to another set of scenes....homeless digging in a dumpster for scraps....soldiers getting shot at daily in a foreign land....some mama-san shitting in the very rice paddy she'll eat out of later that day because she has no running water or plumbing.

Trust me, no one fucking cares about your mid-term on Socrates, the next kegstand party or LBGQT meetings.

No one in the real world, anyway. Prepare to be eaten with a smile, as David Lee Roth would suggest.

Whew. Rant over.

Met someone from an online dating site for a coffee the other day. Not an official date or anything. More a meet and greet, like strange dogs sniffing each others asses....

Talked for about an hour. Common chit-chat, giving backgrounds, pedigrees, etc. Seemed to be going decently. At least, in the idea that my broken "they think you're a dumbfuck" radar didn't go off.

So, I ask aforementioned woman if she would like to meet again, to which I am told "Well, I don't really think so."

Hrmph...

Glad the oriental lilies from Biggs were only $4.99, tramp.

Online dating sites crack me up. Everyone, from men to women, say the same shit...

"I am very open-minded."

"I am willing to try anything once."

"I am humorous."

"I am loyal."

"I am driven."

"Love to get dressed up and go on the town, or cuddle on my bedbug-infested couch with a movie."

Ok, I exaggerated the last one, but you get the drift.

FUCKING LIES.

I had to admire one woman, though. She actually said she wanted a man with a job that wouldn't hit her, and would let her have friends......all misspelled, I might add.

Good luck with that one, chica.

Have had some crap in my life recently. Deaths both physically and emotionally. Friends having hard times, the Bengals passing game, etc., etc.

Only one thing I can offer during times of turmoil, from one of the least likeliest of sources....

Keep the chin up, kids, and "Rise Above", as the hardcore punk band Black Flag preaches to us.

Best advice I've ever heard. Disturbed tells us how to become "Indestructible" too.

Not bad ideas.

In fact, the next tattoos I'll be getting.

Spragoo

Quote of the Day - "Insipid people try to carve out pieces of your heart everyday.....you really piss them off when you let those pieces grow back." - James Sprague